1. Sell your gold or silver jewelry- Find a jeweler in your area that buys gold and/or silver. They usually buy by the weight so you can take broken pieces, twisted chains anything as long as it is real gold or silver. The prices vary depending on the market.
2. Sell things you no longer want or need on E-bay, Craigslist, at consignment shops, flea markets or have a yard sale.
3. Buy good name brand clothing, DVD’s, video games and other popular items at cheap prices at yard sales and re-sell them on E-bay, Craigslist or take them to consignment shops for a profit.
4. Babysitting, Pet-sitting, house sitting, Elderly Care - Can be done day or night and 1 or 7 days a week, you choose. You can get the word out by putting an ad on Craigslist, posting it at local grocery stores or churches and/or through word of mouth.
5. Focus Groups- Look in your yellow pages under Market Research and Analysis, call the companies listed. Ask if they are in need of participants for focus groups. These are done in a group or sometimes one on one. They usually are about everyday products you and your family use. The surveys last anywhere from 1-2 hours and they usually pay $75 to $100 cash.
6. Refurbish old furniture, or anything that you find on the side of the road that people are throwing out. Make it new again by painting and/or replacing hardware. Sometimes things just need a good cleaning and they are ready to sell. Once you have enough items take them to a flea market or have a yard sale.
7. If you’re a good cook or baker- offer to bake cakes, cookies and other goodies for Birthday parties and other gatherings or have a bake sell.
8. If you are a crafter sell your crafts online at Etsy, Ebay, Craisglist etc. You can also take your crafts to consigment shops and thrift stores.